Africas Major kicks off in early November this year and showcases some of the best players in the world, below we tell you some interesting fact about the Nedbank Golf Challenge.
Nedbank Golf Challenge: Interesting Facts
- In 1999 Ernie Els shot 25 under to win the tournament. This is the best winning score in the history of the Nedbank Golf Challenge.
- Ernie has played the tournament 18 times, the most appearances by a single player.
- David Frost, Nick Price and Ernie Els each have three titles.
- The lowest round recorded at the Nedbank Golf Challenge was 61, by Padraig Harrington
- Ian Woosnam holds the record for the worst 72 hole round total at 21 over. This was in 1993.
- The first Nedbank Golf Challenge was in 1981 and was won by Johnny Miller, beating off players such as Gary Player and Jack Nicklaus.
- The last South Africa to win the tournament was Trevor Immelman in 2007.
- This year there are 22 countries represented by the 72 players taking part. Some of the countries are South Africa, Australia, Thailand, United States, England, Argentina, South Korea, Denmark, Ireland, Germany, Sweden, Austria and France.
- Total prize money for this year’s event is $7 000 000, with first prize of $1 166 600.
- Tiger Woods has only played once in the tournament, in 1998, eventually losing to Nick Price in a play-off.
This year’s Nedbank Golf Challenge is played at Sun City from the 10-13th November 2016, we offer some of the best betting odds for this Tournament.
Read More: Nedbank Golf Challenge Betting
Place a golf bet