IPL Cricket fever is here and excitement is mounting as fans watch their favourite cricket players take part. Here are the 15 most interesting facts about the IPL that are handy to know.
IPL Cricket Facts
- 1st – Sporting event in India to introduce the concept of Cheerleaders.
- 1st – Sporting event in history to be broadcast live on YouTube.
- 2 – The most number of IPL title wins by a single team and belongs to Chennai Super Kings (2010,2011), Kolkata Knight Riders (2012, 2014) and Mumbai Indians (2013, 2015).
- 4 – The number of teams who have not won an IPL as yet, Delhi Daredevils, Kings XI Punjab, Royal Challengers Bangalore and Sunrisers Hyderabad.
- 6 for 14 – The best ever bowling performance in IPL history. A title held by Sohail Tanvir against Chennai in 2008.
- 10 – The most consecutive wins by a single team in IPL. Title held by Kolkata Knight Riders.
- 11 – The most consecutive defeats by a single team in IPL. Title held by both Pune Warriors and Delhi Daredevils.
- 58 – Lowest score. Held by Rajasthan Royals against RCB in 2009.
- 143 – Leading number of wickets taken by a single player in IPL, and the title belongs to Lasith Malinga.
- 175 – Highest score by a batsman to date in IPL. Made by Chris Gayle in 2013 against Pune.
- 212 – The most dot balls by a single player in a season. Bowled by Dale Steyn in 2013.
- 230 – The most number of sixes hit by a single batsman in the IPL, held by Chris Gayle.
- 263/5 – Highest score held by Royal Challengers Bangalore against Pune in 2013.
- 3699 – The most runs by a single player overall in IPL, a title held by Suresh Raina.
- $72 million – Paid by Pepsi in 2013 to be the main sponsors of the event.
Get the latest IPL Cricket Betting odds here.
Read here for more information on IPL Betting.
Place a Cricket Bet.