From the 12th – 19th July 2015, one of the oldest Golfing Championships will be played for the 29th time at St Andrews in Scotland. The 144th Open is one of the oldest and most prestigious golfing tournaments in the world and so far the competition is most certainly heating up.
This year there are 9 players flying the South African flag this year, these are:
- Louis Oosthuizen – A betting favourite, Louis won The Open in 2010 after an astonishing seven-stroke victory over Lee Westwood. In 2012 Louis shot the tournament’s first ever Albatross on the 2nd hole, earning him the title of European Tour “Shot of the Year”. Read More: 7 Reasons why Louis Oosthuizen will win the Open Golfing Championship.
2. Retief Goosen – Another betting favorite, Retief has been joint fifth in 2005 and sixth in 2010 and has had eight top ten finishes in The Open over the past few years.
3. Ernie Els – The “Big Easy” has won The Open twice, these were in 2002 and then again ten years later in 2012. Could this be the year to bet on Ernie Els as the Claret Jug holder?
4. Charl Shwartzel – Charl has had top 20 finishes in four of the last five Opens, and came seventh in 2014.
5. George Coetzee – George came 15th in the 2011 Open Championship as his top score in the tournament.
6. Branden Grace – Branden has played four previous Opens and finished 36th in 2014.
7. Thomas Aiken – Thomas has played in 7 previous Opens and came 7th in 2012.
8. Tim Clark – Tim has played in 9 previous Opens and finished 23rd in 2005.
9. Jaco van Zyl – This year is Jaco’s debut at The 144th Open Championship.
For specialized and comprehensive local and international betting on golf, rugby, horse racing, soccer, tennis and motorsport, as well as extensive in house and online sports betting facilities, visit Keith Ho BetXchange for the most competitive prices and the largest sports betting options available in South Africa.